This is the Privacy Notice for The Surrey Chiropractor
This information is made available to you through the GDPR changes as of 25 May 2018 and explains your rights concerning our use of your data.
What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a patient of The Surrey Chiropractor, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
We areThe Surrey Chiropractor, 68 Stuart Avenue, Walton on Thames, KT12 2AA telephone number 07984 017466, email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clinic Directors are the data controllers and are responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
As a patient of the The Surrey Chiropractor we will need to hold personal information about you. These are normally stored as paper records. If X-rays are taken these together with their reports are held digitally. We record and use the following categories of personal data which include: name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth and health data relevant for treating you at our clinic. Our lawful basis for storing and using this data is contract and we are allowed to store and use your health data as we are a recognised health care provider. This data is held solely for the purpose of providing safe and effective care. Your data is not used for marketing or any other purpose.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We only share your personal data with your explicit consent, where, for example we to refer you to your GP or consultant, or any other health care provider.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will retain your data for a period of 8 years after your last treatment as this is a requirement of a registered Chiropractor in the UK
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
- You may request a copy of your data, with no charge, at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to the clinic, whose details are shown above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require. All requests must be signed and dated, and we may phone you to confirm the request prior to release of any personal information.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the clinic, whose details are shown above.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the United Chiropractic Association if you have concerns about or wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your data. email@example.com
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
How We Obtained Your Data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you, via our new patient registration form and health information given to the chiropractor.
We would likely to contact you from time to time. This will include appointment reminders, courtesy calls or to discuss your care. We may contact you with regards to this using email, text, telephone. We will not contact you to solicit work from you.
The Surrey Chiropractor
495 Green Lanes,
Company reg no: 05208682